Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Thanks Tom for early release of Sept 2018 Spotlight
RSS
Wally Cady
43 Posts
(Offline)
September 17, 2018 - 3:33 pm

The day-early release was perfect timing for me.  I scan through the Outlook quick first, then go back to view the articles and videos in order.  In my scan Friday afternoon, I saw Darci Lynne’s schedule.  Wow, she is going to be THE Grandstand Show at the Bloomsburg PA Fair next Monday.  The Bloomsburg fair is about an hour and a half from our house, we attend the fair most years.  I immediately bought Best Available tickets for my wife and I.  (these are the FIRST Bloomsburg grandstand show tickets we’ve purchased, usually just see the free shows in the 53 years we’ve lived nearby)   They are trackside in left-front of the stage, the next best are far up in the grandstand.

If the Outlook came out, as scheduled for the next day, Oct 15, we would have missed the OUTLOOK till today.  We bought the tickets quick before going to the Celtic festival grounds mid-afternoon Fri to help set-up the tents for the Clan Claus society, in the Clan Village.  We have been 9 year participants at the 2 day, Niagara Celtic Festival, in an 11 acre wooded park on the southern shore of Lake Ontario in Olcott, NY.

Rudy (red nosed Axtell mini-moose) and I along with other Clan Claus member are in the Clan Village and march in the parade of Clans.  (was going to post a photo of me and “Rudy” at the festival, but don’t know how to do it here).

So thanks Tom for the early release of the September Outlook.

Tom Crowl
62 Posts
(Offline)
September 17, 2018 - 4:59 pm

Hey Wally – you should email Gary Owen and let him know you will be there. He may be able to arrange a meet & greet with Darci!

Wally Cady
43 Posts
(Offline)
September 17, 2018 - 5:08 pm

Thanks Tom, that would be great.  I’d like my wife be able to meet Darci as well since I met Darci when she was at the ConVENTion for the first time in 2016.

Eddie Siller
121 Posts
(Offline)
September 17, 2018 - 10:40 pm

That’s great Wally. Let us know how it goes. I’m sure it’s going to be a fun show. Oh and just a note. The online newsletter is called the Spotlight. You are saying Outlook. Just FYI

Wally Cady
43 Posts
(Offline)
September 18, 2018 - 8:14 am

Eddie,

Duh, I knew it was named Spotlight, I must have had a “senior” moment.  At least you knew what I was trying to say.  Maybe I could blame it on “autocorrect”.  I was probably so excited that Darci Lynne was going to be close by, and we bought tickets.  

Maybe Tom could add a feature to the Forum that we could go back to EDIT our mistakes, or did I miss that feature?  If I could, I would go back and make sure my fingers knew how to spell (careful now, one letter an a time)  S p o t l i g h t,  SPOTLIGHT,  SPOTLIGHT. 

I think I’ve got it now.

Eddie Siller
121 Posts
(Offline)
September 18, 2018 - 9:16 pm

Wally, believe me, I know all about the senior moment. I’m not sure about editing the title but you can edit each post. Just look at the upper right corner of your posts. And again, have fun!

Wally Cady
43 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2018 - 10:41 am

Eddie Siller said
Wally, believe me, I know all about the senior moment. I’m not sure about editing the title but you can edit each post. Just look at the upper right corner of your posts. And again, have fun!  

Eddie, I’ve looked allover the upper right corner of my post, and don’t find anything about “edit”.  I only see “quote” just outside the upper right corner.  I must be missing something.

Eddie Siller
121 Posts
(Offline)
September 20, 2018 - 10:05 pm

It must be just me. I haven’t announced it yet but I’ve been named the Moderator of this forum so I may have some controls you don’t. 

Wally Cady
43 Posts
(Offline)
September 29, 2018 - 11:48 am

Congratulations Eddie on becoming the moderator.  Thank you very much for helping Tom out with the IVS.  We, my wife and I, had a great time seeing Darci’s show and meeting her afterwards, thanks to Gary Owen.  I’ll post about her show later.

Eddie Siller
121 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2018 - 11:39 am

That’s great Wally. Definitely tell us how you liked Darci’s show. I’ve seen some posts on Facebook but definitely put it here as well. 

Wally Cady
43 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2018 - 3:14 pm

Eddie Siller said
That’s great Wally. Definitely tell us how you liked Darci’s show. I’ve seen some posts on Facebook but definitely put it here as well.   

We loved Darci’s show, the first time my wife saw her other than in videos or on TV.  It was the grandstand show at the Bloomsburg Fair in PA, the largest fair in northeastern PA.  Lots of families there with young kids around 10 or 11 years old., including girls with the yarn-haired “Sunny Puppets”.

A total youth show with Darci and pre-show with Pelica212, a brothers and sisters band Darci met at AGT.  Darci’s show started with photos and video clips of Darci and family.  We learned Darci was also an accomplished gymnast on balance beam and floor routine. It was a chilly and breezy night.  Late in her show there was a wind gust that blew her rolling puppet case several feet way and her puppet stand over from under Oscar, Darci was a real pro in handling it.  Of course she used all of her “friends”: Petunia, Oscar, Edna and Katie, show of them twice.

She had two audience participant bits: first was a man and woman onstage to make them human puppets (using a squeeze of the neck for mouth opening) to sing back and forth.  The second was near the end of her show, picking a man from the front row to come on stage for Edna to serenade. 

We had perfect trackside seats a bit left of mid-stage, with a good view of the stage and in front a jumbo screen.  Darci had a super show, it was a real crowd pleaser.

We highly recommend seeing her show.  It is “two thumbs up”.

Eddie Siller
121 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2018 - 5:17 pm

That sounds like it was a fun show Wally. Maybe Felicia and I will catch her show when she comes to Arizona. 

K. Ann Seeton
50 Posts
(Offline)
October 7, 2018 - 7:16 pm

WOW, that is so awesome!! I’m glad your wife got to meet Darci, she is such an amazing talent!

I hope eventually she will be close enough for me to go to one of her shows. 

Congratulations Eddy on becoming moderator!

I have an edit button, I used it to add to my post after sent it and then realized I had more to say. 🙂

Eddie Siller
121 Posts
(Offline)
October 8, 2018 - 3:05 pm

Thanks Ann. I was named just before my vacation and just now getting back into the swing of things. 

Tom Crowl
62 Posts
(Offline)
October 26, 2018 - 9:41 pm

Eddie Siller said
It must be just me. I haven’t announced it yet but I’ve been named the Moderator of this forum so I may have some controls you don’t.   

Eddie –

You do now. I had to go in and give myself permission to edit forum titles too – so you should now see a Tools link. Let me know if you don’t. 

And thanks for all you are doing!!!!

Eddie Siller
121 Posts
(Offline)
October 29, 2018 - 11:42 pm

Tom, I don’t know what it is supposed to look like but I don’t see anything that says, tools link. And you are very welcome. Glad I can help. 

Tom Crowl
62 Posts
(Offline)
November 19, 2018 - 12:30 pm

Eddie – I did a screen shot – you don’t see these? 

[Permission to view this image is denied]

Should darken which you move your cursor over them. If they aren’t there for you I’ll try to figure out why!

Eddie Siller
121 Posts
(Offline)
November 19, 2018 - 8:29 pm

Tom, it is there now. Thanks for looking into it. Or maybe I just need stronger glasses. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Tom Crowl

Moderators:
Eddie Siller

Top Posters:

K. Ann Seeton: 50

Wally Cady: 43

Paul Roach: 34

Bobby Nelson: 6

Dennis Murphy: 6